Special Events Fall 2018 Internship
The Special Events Intern will play an important role in the planning, execution and evaluation of a number of fall 2018 Greenwich Historical Society events, especially our biggest annual fundraiser, Antiquarius. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as with a team, be proactive, organized, and extremely attentive to details. He/She must be able to work well under pressure, have excellent communication and writing skills and be eager to get hands-on event experience.
This position reports to the Senior Special Events Manager.
- Assist with planning of events including Greenwich Historical Society annual fundraiser, Antiquarius, which takes place from Nov. 30th to Dec. 5th. Responsibilities include but are not limited to mailings, relationship building with volunteers and co-chairs, execution of event logistics.
- Assist in the recruiting and hiring of third party vendors for each event, as well as day-of-event set up, breakdown and post event evaluations.
- Assist with the technical logistics of the events.
- Assist in preparing and sending solicitation letters and thank you/acknowledgement letters.
- Assist development department with administrative duties and special projects as needed.
- Hands-on event day set up and breakdown.
Our ideal candidate is a mission-focused undergraduate or graduate student seeking a meaningful event internship experience and is:
- A creative and positive thinker
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Extremely organized and a multi-tasker
- A “can-do” person with a desire to learn
- Able to follow instructions and work independently
- An excellent writer, researcher and communicator
- Comfortable meeting new people
- Experienced in event planning
- At least 18 years old and has own vehicle.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Constant Contact.
- Able to lift and/or carry décor items weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of database entry a plus.
- Intern will gain invaluable hands-on event production & planning experience.
- Intern will gain better understanding of fundraising & nonprofit events
- Intern will gain knowledge of event budgeting and the importance of meeting goals.
- This is a stipend internship.
- This internship is based out of our office in Greenwich, CT
- Internship will run from September 2018 through December 2018
- Internship is part-time and approximately 15 hours per week, with some evening and weekend hours required.
- Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/15.
Please check out our volunteer opportunities.
About the Greenwich Historical Society
Founded in 1931 to collect and chronicle the unique and important history of Greenwich, Connecticut, the Greenwich Historical Society preserves and interprets the circa 1730 National Historic Landmark Bush-Holley House Museum, maintains primary research materials in an extensive research library and archives, mounts exhibitions, leads educational programs, and presents a full calendar of lectures, events, and family programs.
The Greenwich Historical Society is accredited by the American Association of Museums and is part of the Historic Artists Homes and Studios and the Connecticut Art Trail.